I have never encountered anyone who doesn’t like Potato curry till date. We all love it, don’t we ? There are a number of variations in which this curry is made – one with just potato, one with potato and onion , what not. Though the picture tagged along this post looks like the curry/bhaji that’s often served with poori, this dish slightly different – a bit more spicy and tangy. Courtesy – a dash of extra spices. I was introduced to this dish by my friend Kalyani, who is absolutely a wonderful cook ! I get to learn a lot from her.This is a delicious side for curd rice, sambar/rasam. One can have this with rotis as well !
Preparation time – 15 mins | Cooking time – 15 mins | Serves – 2
- 4 medium sized potatoes
- 3 green chillies
- 2 medium sized onions
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 4 cloves
- 2 small cinnamon sticks
- chopped coriander(few strands)
- Grind the cloves and cinnamon stick to form a fine powder.Set aside.
- Pressure cook the potatoes, mash them a little and set aside. Note – I pressure cook due to my time constraints.You may chop potatoes as well and cook along with the actual preparation.
- Chop onions , tomato, green chillies.
- Heat a pan and pour some oil into it.
- Add onions, ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Saute them until the onions are slightly brown.
- Add tomotoes next and saute them until they soften .
- Add potatoes, turmeric, salt,coriander powder and cook for 2-3 mins
- Add coriander leaves and cloves/cinnamon powder
- Cook for 5 more mins and then switch off the flame. The curry is ready to serve !